Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Ava!

4 years old in 2009!

3 years old in 2008!

2 years old in 2007!

1 year old in 2006!

Just a few days old in 2005!


Dear Ava,

Today you turned four. I still cannot believe you have been in our lives for four incredible years! You are such a sweet, caring, sensitive, and inquisitive little girl. We are so blessed to have you and cherish each day with you!

You love playing with you little brother and are doing such a great job of learning to share your toys with him. You still love to play with your baby dolls, and your new favorite dolls are American Girl Dolls. You love to dress them and set the table with food and feed them meals. You take such wonderful care of them! I can only imagine what an amazing Mommy you will be some day! You love going to school and have developed some sweet friendships with Katie, Murray and Libby at school. Your teacher even told me that you all do each others hair at school! You love art and will have an art themed birthday party in a few weeks. Swimming is another fun hobby and you're now so brave in the pool, even starting to swim a bit on your own in swim class. This year, ballet, swim and gymnastics occupy your time outside of school! You love all of your classes and look forward to them each week.

Ava, you continue to amaze us every day! You have the best memory and are able to recall things that I didn't even realize you knew or would remember from so long ago! You are always so concerned for anyone who gets hurt and want all of the details! I think I see medical school in your future! You are so content playing with your dolls and little people figures and have the sweetest conversations with them. I could watch you play all day!

Some of your favorite things are going to the park and swinging on the swings. You've learned to "pump" your legs in order to go faster and higher and that's where I find you most days when I pick you up from school. You also love to read books! You get so excited when we decorate the house for holidays, especially Christmas!

Even though you can sometimes have quite a mind of your own, we love you with all of our hearts! You're beginning to be such a great helper with Davis and he loves your sweet hugs and will sometimes only eat when you feed him!

Sweet Ava, you are one of the loves of my life. You bring such joy to our lives! I hope that you had a wonderful fourth birthday!

Love always,
Mommy